Things to Do in Miami
While you are visiting for business or pleasure, explore all of the exciting things to do in Miami during your stay at our Miami hotel. Whether you choose soak up the sun in our newly renovated pool space complete with your very own "beach," or venture out into colorful downtown Miami, there's always something to do or see near our Miami International Airport hotel.
Soak up the Florida sun in our outdoor pool and Jacuzzi. Drive to world-famous beaches, take in a round of golf at the adjacent championship 18-hole course, experience the multitude of exciting water activities, or explore the best of Miami shopping. With tons of leisure activities just minutes away in Coral Gables, our hotel allows you the freedom to easily explore the endless attractions and other things to do in Coral Gables that have made our area famous worldwide.
Just minutes from the Gulf Stream, near fabulous fishing, cruising, and sightseeing, our West Miami hotel places you within easy reach of fantastic water activities. One of the most modern Miami hotels at MIA airport, our Guest Services team can assist with planning a boating, fishing, diving, beach, or sightseeing itinerary in sync with your schedule and interests. Thrill to sightseeing cruises along Biscayne Bay. Tour the world-famous Port of Miami. Visit an Alligator Farm or "mark the shark" with a world-record-holding shark aficionado. We've listed just a few of the things to do in Miami near our West Miami Florida hotel to get you started, including:
- Island Queen Cruises - Offers sightseeing cruises along scenic Biscayne Bay, including the beautiful downtown Miami skyline, the Port of Miami, Fisher Island, Miami Beach, and "Millionaire's Row" - the homes of the rich and famous. (90-minute bilingual narrated cruises.)
- Biscayne Lady Yacht Charters - Offers a wide selection of yacht charters for corporate events and social celebrations. Charters are client-tailored for all group sizes and budgets.
- Pier 5 Fishing Charters - Dedicated to providing the best, most customizable deep-sea fishing charters at the most affordable rates.
- Port of Miami - The "cruise capital of the world" and one of the world's busiest, most recognized ports.
- South Florida Alligator Farm
- Mark the Shark Fishing Tour
- Blue Lagoon Office Park (1 mile)
- Boeing Training Center (1 mile)
- Oracle Latin America (1 mile)
- Discovery Latin America (1 mile)
- IATA (1 mile)
- FedEx (1 mile)
- Johnson & Johnson Companies (1 mile)
- HP - Latin America (1 mile)
- Burger King Corporate Headquarters (1 mile)
American Airlines Arena
Cheer on the Florida Marlins or the Miami Dolphins during your stay at our Miami Airport hotel. Our amazing tropical setting and resort-like amenities make us the clear winner among hotels near American Airlines Arena. Whether your passion is football, basketball, boating, deep-sea diving or golfing, you’re sure to find things to do in Miami to suit your interest. Discover a wealth of activities for the sports enthusiast at our hotel near Miami's premier sports venues, including:
- University of Miami (4 miles)
- Florida International University (6 miles)
- American Airlines Arena (7 miles)
- Dolphin Stadium (12 miles)
Located just 3.5 miles from the new Miami Marlins Stadium, the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel offers a great location for the game, the airport, and popular things to do in Miami. Featuring resort-like charm in a gorgeous tropical setting, the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center is the perfect retreat among Miami Marlins hotels -- as the closest hotel to Miami International Airport (MIA) and just minutes to downtown Miami. Step into a modern world of art deco themes and contemporary furnishings, set in a "green" eco-friendly environment at our Miami Airport hotel. Delight in the bold new look of our hotel, accomplished by multimillion-dollar renovations, state-of-the-art facilities, high technology, and designer touches.
Sun Life Stadium
The Sun Life Stadium hosts many exciting events including football games, concerts, and shows. The Miami Dolphins call Sun Life Stadium their home turf, and two college football teams meet here annually to face off in one highly anticipated game - The Orange Bowl.
Our hotel near Sun Life Stadium is the ideal Orange Bowl hotel. We are only a 20-minute drive from Sun Life Stadium and conveniently located near the Miami International Airport where we offer complimentary airport pick-up and drop-off. Reserve your upcoming stay at Sheraton Miami Airport and cheer on your favorite team, play a round of golf at our nearby golf course, or lounge by our relaxing pool.